Executive Director, Capital Area Counseling
Capital Area Counseling (CAC) is nonprofit organization that exists to positively and significantly impact the mental health and well-being of the greater Austin community by providing low-cost, accessible, high-quality mental health services, in the form of psychotherapy, to all central Texans who desire them and an unparalleled training environment for pre- and post-graduate therapists from all the licensed counseling professions.
As an agency that thrives on community we envision a person who values collaborative leadership, is committed to diversity and social justice, actively engages in personal growth and who thrives in a dynamic, connected and fluid environment.
CAC’s ED is directly accountable to the Board of Directors and is responsible for
· The financial viability of the agency.
· Managing the overall operations within the vision and mission of the organization.
· Supervising CAC staff and supporting volunteer interns.
· Building and maintaining partnerships and extending community.
· Ensuring our counseling services remain accessible and of the highest quality we can offer.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Passion for community mental health.
· Understanding and commitment to CAC’s vision, mission, core values and way of being.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated effectiveness working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
· Skills to collaborate with board members and other volunteers.
· Proven ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
· A solid knowledge of budgeting, financial management and resource development.
· Experience administering or coordinating a program.
· Experience working with nonprofit organizations and preferred experience working with volunteers or as a volunteer.
· A community-minded spirit, preferably including experience creating and nourishing internal and external relationships and partnerships through a variety of methods.
This is a full-time 40+ whatever it takes position with a generous paid time off policy. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
If you’re interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ruslyn Smith, LCSW
2824 Real Street, Austin, TX 78722