What is the YAC?
Vision: Empowering youth to take charge of their own health
Mission: The Youth Advisory Council, a collaboration of teens, young adults, and community members, focuses in improving health outcomes and empowering youth (ages 10-25) through direct engagement in order to eliminate health disparities.
Youth Advisory Council members work as a team to advocate for high quality preventive health care and clinic services for teens and young adults.
Who Can Apply?
Council Members must be;
- Age 15-25, or
- A parent, or
- A youth-serving professional
If you have questions about the YAC or would like to apply on paper, please contact Kelene Blake-Fallon: email@example.com; 512-478-4939, ext. 1785
What is the Commitment?
YAC Members commit to being an active member for 1 year (September 2017 - August 2018). Being an active member involves:
- Attending monthly meetings and/or,
- Getting involved in other ways such as volunteering or participating in committees/teams.
Youth Advisory Council Membership Benefits:
- Be a leader and advocate for teens and young adults in our community
- Participate on an intergenerational team
- Share your story and voice your opinions
- Learn about health issues that affect teens and young adults
- Learn new skills and grow professionally
- Meet other people who share your interests
- Earn volunteer or community service hours
- Add to your resume or college portfolio