Social Worker Visit web site: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/50450
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
PLEASE NOTE: Mozilla Firefox® is the preferred Browser, version 3.5 and later
Bookmark this Job: https://www.austincityjobs.org/bookmarks?posting_id=50450 |
Print Preview: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/50450/print_preview |
Apply for this Job: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/50450/pre_apply
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Social Work OR Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university plus two (2) years of experience in a field related to counseling individuals in crisis/trauma situations
Licenses or Certifications:
- Licensed under the Regulation of Social Work Practitioners Act of the State of Texas and will be required to maintain during employment.
Notes to Applicants
This posting will be used to fill two openings. One position is a grant funded position and the other is a general fund. Both positions are primarily focused on case management and will offer limited opportunity for clinical experience if an applicant is working toward an LCSW. One position will focus on crisis intervention with a strong need for bilingual English to Spanish.
The second position will focus on case management with eligibility determination. This position will assist individuals and families with employment resources, job counseling and employment support that will lead to transitioning them out of poverty.
A detailed, complete City of Austin employment application is required to evaluate your qualifications. Please be thorough in completing the employment application and list all experience that is relevant to this position. The application and resume must include dates (month and year) for each job history entry. In addition, the resume must match the information on the application. Please describe your specific experience as it relates to the minimum and preferred qualifications when responding to the supplemental questions on the application.
$20.32 – $25.79 per hour
Monday – Thursday 8a-6pm Friday 8a-noon Some evenings and weekend work may be required.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Health & Human Services
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Roswood Zaragoza and/or Blackland Neighborhood Center
Case Management Experience Eligibility Determination Experience Crisis Intervention Experience Bilingual in English and Spanish
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists client and/or their family in assessing their psychosocial and/or resource need to obtain maximum benefits from all available sources.
- Develops and implements individual social work treatment plan.
- Counsels individuals and/or their family to increase their understanding and acceptance of their emotional state.
- Utilizes community resources to assist client in learning to live as a competent member of the community, including, but not limited to local, state and federal agencies; parenting resources; school resources; medical resources; and other non-profit agencies.
- Provides short term counseling for problem such as, unsatisfactory relationships between marriage partners, or parents and children; unwed parenthood; grief and losses; depression; family violence; drug and alcohol problems; and provide crisis counseling intervention for problems such as child or elderly abuse; suicidal tendencies; sexual assault; questionable mental state.
- Compiles data/information for reports, cost estimates, etc.
- Writes informational reports.
- Refers citizens to appropriate agency or program.
- Records data on appropriate form/log, etc.
- Attends meetings/seminars to stay current in job practices
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of theoretical constructs of human development.
- Knowledge of community resources available for children's development, emotional therapy and/or support.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and counseling techniques used in trauma, grief, or crisis situations.
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position requires a criminal background investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
This position requires a master's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Social Work. Or, graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, plus two (2) years of experience in a field related to counseling individuals in crisis/trauma situations. Do you meet these requirements?
Do you have a State of Texas Social Work Practitioner's License?
If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
- Please describe your case management experience, specifically related to any work with individuals and/or families who have experienced a crisis or traumatic situation.
(Open Ended Question)
In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
- Don't know
Do you have experience working with federal and/or state grant funds and/or agencies?
Describe your bilingual, English/Spanish fluency level.
- Speak, read, and write in both languages fluently
- Speak English and Spanish fluently
- Speak English and some Spanish
- Fluent in English only
- None of the above
Optional & Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume Optional Document